Let’s continue south of Yellowstone.
Day 5 to 7 Grand Teton WY, Jackson WY, Price UT: On our fifth day we left early driving to Grand Teton Village WY where we had accommodation booked for one night. Grand Teton National Park is not very big if you drive through so a day is enough. If your goal is to hike then you definitely need more than a day there. We got to our hostel, checked in and then left for the park. Teton Village is very close to the main entrance but when we got there they told us it was closed and that we had to enter from Jackson WY. So that’s what we did. Out of curiosity I asked one of the park rangers why the main entrance was closed and he said there were too many bears on the roads eating berries!! And we were so sad that we didn’t get to see it. Yes I know, crazy because they would probably eat us too haha but it would be nice to watch from distance.
– The Hostel // We booked our ensuite king size room because this was the cheapest private room in Teton Village. It’s not too far from Jackson and they probably have more options but we wanted to stay as close as possible to the entrance that appeared closed anyway haha. The lighting in the room was very dark which annoyed a bit because it was hard to see our stuff and we didn’t want to remove the curtain to get the light in either because people walked past our room all the time. The bathroom was clean and the size of the room was very big. I think they had breakfast included but we never ate there. It’s quite expensive to stay in Teton Village so book early if you know when you’re going.
– Mangy Moose Saloon // This was just behind the hostel (by the way, isn’t the name of the hostel scary?!). It’s a typical western decorated restaurant with good food and nice entertainment. The had live music which was really good but a little bit too loud maybe. We were sitting quite close to the stage so I didn’t hear my friends talking. Prices are okay too!
Mangy Moose Saloon
Grand Teton National Park:
Grand Teton NP was very different from Yellowstone NP. Yellowstone’s colors were very warm and with a feeling of fall whilst Grand teton had a very green nature and with the heat it gave you a summer feeling. Both very beautiful in their own way. I loved Grand Teton because of the water, the mountains and the greenery. We got a map of the park from the hostel receptionist and just like in Yellowstone we drove to the main attractions and we hiked once only. Not too long but it was very beautiful.
On the left picture above we went to Jackson Lodge to enjoy the beautiful panoramic view. Don’t miss out on that!!
The right picture is taken at Colter Bay where you can have picnic, swim, rent a canoe or just have a walk. It’s a beautiful place and we sat there for a long time and relaxed.
These are the Hidden falls in Grand Teton and it’s about 45mins walk to get there. We were lucky to meet the little fox on the way back. It was fun seeing him hunting.
Day trip to Jackson WY:
– Cowboy Coffee Co. // We kept finding the perfect spots for breakfast. Cowboy Coffee Co has rustic interior with friendly staff and the best tea ever!! You gotta try the hot cinnamon spice if you’re a tea lover. My panini was definitely one of the best I’ve had so if you’re nearby you gotta go there. Totally worth it!
Nightstop in Price UT:
The reason to why we chose Price is because we were driving and driving and driving and there was no city in sight for miles and this was the first one we arrived to. Didn’t exactly see anything of Price because we arrived late and left early in the morning.
– Super 8 // You’ll notice that we’ve stayed at a lot of Super 8 motels and we did it because they are cheap, have good standard and breakfast, parking and wifi were included in the price. I recommend you to stay here if you need a good rest before continue driving.
– Wingers // Too lazy and too tired to go anywhere else we saw this restaurant behind Super 8. The food was actually good and the waitress was super friendly!! It did take a while to get the food even though it was quite empty with people (or maybe we were just too hungry?).
My dinner at Wingers